Sunday, August 21, 2005

The Bar at Buena Vista and Kung Fu Hustle

Firstly, I highly recommend Kung Fu Hustle, it's fantastic, go see it.

But, to the real reason for this post, went and saw the Bar at Buena Vista last night. I'm not sure how I can describe it or do justice to it. Suffice to say, that their Diva was a real Diva, talk about stage presence. Also, their dancers were unbelievable, I'm sure humans weren't meant to move like that. Finally, I want to age like a Cuban musician with a lifetime of music behind me.

It's one of the best shows I've ever seen, they are all true performers and had the crowd laughing, screaming and clapping constantly. The music was great, pity we couldn't understand what they were saying, but it was still brilliant. And the old musicians cracking jokes that I'm sure weren't translated...again one of the best performances I have ever seen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home